《园丁集》The gardener 中英对照【完结】_派派后花园

用户中心 游戏论坛 社区服务
发帖 回复
阅读:6366 回复:89

[Novel] 《园丁集》The gardener 中英对照【完结】

刷新数据 楼层直达
77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看楼主 使用道具 楼主   发表于: 2014-01-08 0


园丁集:泰戈尔抒情诗选



1图书信息

出版社: 中国广播电视出版社; 第1版 (2008年6月1日)
平装: 192页
正文语种: 简体中文, 英语
开本: 16
ISBN: 9787504356277
条形码: 9787504356277
尺寸: 22.6 x 15.4 x 1.4 cm
重量: 281 g

2作者简介

罗宾德拉纳特·泰戈尔(1861~1941),驰誉世界文坛的印度著名诗人。他从8岁开始练习写作,一直到逝世前口授最后一首诗《你创造的道路》,创作生涯长达70余年。
泰戈尔的作品篇帙浩繁,除了52部孟加拉语诗集,还有12部中、长篇小说,100多篇短篇小说,30多个剧本,2000余首歌曲,以及50部散文集。
1913年,泰戈尔把他的一部分孟加拉语诗歌译成英文,取名《吉檀迦利》,他因这部诗集荣获诺贝尔文学奖。
泰戈尔著有8个英文诗集,即《吉檀迦利》、《新月集》、《飞鸟集》、《园丁集》、《情人的礼物》、《渡口集》、《采果集》和《游思集》。
国内外的泰戈尔研究者,把泰戈尔诗歌创作大致分为3个时期,即从1881年泰戈尔着手写抒情诗集《暮歌集》至1900年发表《瞬息集》为前期;从1900年至1913年荣获诺贝尔文学奖为中期;从1914年至诗人逝世为后期。
《园丁集》是继《吉檀迦利》之后,泰戈尔向外国读者介绍的第2部英文诗集,发表于1913年。但翻译选入该集的孟加拉原作,却是他前期和中期的作品。具体地说,85首诗是从孟加拉语诗集《刚柔集》(1886)、《心声集》(1890)、《金色船集》(1894)、《吉德拉星集》(1896)、《收获集》(1896)、《幻想集》(1900)、《瞬息集》(1900)、《献祭集》(1903)、《渡口集》(1906)、《献歌集》(1910)择译的。第25、26、27首,译自剧本《虚幻的游戏》;第34首译自剧本《忏悔》,第69首译自剧本《国王》。第21、24、51首,则是3首情歌的译文。

3诗集赏析

《园丁集:泰戈尔抒情诗选》共85首诗。诗人在其间抒发了爱国情怀,记述了在圣蒂尼克坦经管祖产时的所见所闻所感。诗人早期的爱情诗,富于浪漫色彩,以火势的语言大胆礼赞女性美,歌颂自由恋爱的超越时空的至纯至洁的爱情。表现乡村青年男女的爱情诗,格调清新,情景交融,以印度特有的植物作比喻,生动贴切,富于恒河平源的情趣和气息。
[ 此帖被77恋兰在2014-01-17 15:41重新编辑 ]
本帖最近评分记录: 7 条评分 派派币 +65
77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 沙发   发表于: 2014-01-08 0
              

1
  Servant
  仆 人
  HAVE mercy upon your servant, my queen!
  请对您的仆人开恩吧,我的女王!
  Queen
  女 王
  The assembly is over and my servants are all gone. Why do you come at this late hour?
  集会已经开过,我的仆人们都走了。你为什么来得这么晚呢?
  Servant
  仆 人
  When you have finished with others, that is my time.
  I come to ask what remains for your last servant to do.
  您同别人谈过以后,就是我的时间了。
  我来问有什么剩余的工作,好让您的最末一个仆人去做。
  Queen
  女 王
  What can you expect when it is too late?
  在这么晚的时间你还想做什么呢?
  Servant
  仆 人
  Make me the gardener of your flower garden.
  让我做您花园里的园丁吧
  Queen
  女 王
  What folly is this?
  这是什么傻想头呢?
  Servant
  仆 人
  I will give up my other work.
  I throw my swords and lances down in the dust. Do not send me to distant courts; do not bid me undertake new conquests. But make me the gardener of your flower garden.
  我要搁下别的工作。
  我把我的剑矛扔在尘土里。不要差遣我去遥远的宫廷;
  不要命令我做新的征讨。只求您让我做花园里的园丁。
  Queen
  女 王
  What will your duties be?
  你的职责是什么呢?
  Servant
  仆 人
  The service of your idle days.
  I will keep fresh the grassy path where you walk in the morning, where your feet will be greeted with praise at every step by the flowers eager for death.
  I will swing you in a swing among the branches of the saptaparna, where the early evening moon will struggle to kiss your skirt through the leaves.
  I will replenish with scented oil the lamp that burns by your bedside, and decorate your footstool with sandal and saffron paste in wondrous designs.
  为您闲散的日子服务。
  我要保持您晨兴散步的草径清爽新鲜,您每一移步将有甘于就死的繁花以赞颂来欢迎您的双足。
  我将在七叶树的枝间推送您的秋千;向晚的月亮将挣扎着从叶隙里吻您的衣裙。
  我将在您床边的灯盏里添满香油,我将用檀香和番红花膏在您脚垫上涂画上美妙的花样。
  Queen
  女 王
  What will you have for your reward?
  你要什么酬报呢?
  Servant
  仆 人
  To be allowed to hold your little fists like tender lotus-buds and slip flower chains over your wrists; to tinge the soles of your feet with the red juice of askoka petals and kiss away the speck of dust that may chance to
  linger there.
  只要您允许我像握着嫩柔的菡萏一般地握住您的小拳,把花串套上您的纤腕;允许
  我用无忧花的红汁来染你的脚底,以亲吻来拂去那偶然留在那里的尘埃。
  Queen
  女 王
  Your prayers are granted, my servant, your will be the gardener of my flower garden.
  你的祈求被接受了,我的仆人,你将是我花园里的园丁。

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 板凳   发表于: 2014-01-08 0
              

  2

  "AH, poet, the evening draws near; your hair is turning grey.
  "呵,诗人,夜晚渐临;你的头发已经变白。
  "Do you in your lonely musing hear the message of the hereafter?"
  "在你孤寂的沉思中听到了来生的消息么?"
  "It is evening," the poet said," and I am listening because some one may call from the village, late though it be.
  "是夜晚了。"诗人说,"夜虽已晚,我还在静听,因为也许有人会从村中呼唤。
  "I watch if young straying hearts meet together, and two pairs of eager eyes beg for music to break their silence and speak for them.
  "我看守着,是否有年轻的飘游的心聚在一起,两对渴望的眼睛切求有音乐来打破他们的沉默,并替他们说话。
  "Who is there to weave their passionate songs, if I sit on the shore of life and contemplate death and the beyond?
  "如果我坐在生命的岸边默想着死亡和来世,又有谁来编写他们的热情的诗歌呢?
  "The early evening star disappears.
  "早现的晚星消隐了。
  "The glow of a funeral pyre slowly dies by the silent river.
  "火葬灰中的红光在沉静的河边慢慢地熄灭下去。
  "Jackals cry in chorus from the courtyard of the deserted house in the light of the worn-out moon.
  "残月的微光下,胡狼从空宅的庭院里齐声嗥叫。
  "If some wanderer, leaving home, come here to watch the night and with bowed head listen to the murmur of the darkness, who is there to whisper the secrets of life into his ears if I shutting my doors, should try to free myself from mortal bonds?
  "假如有游子们离了家,到这里来守夜,低头静听黑暗的微语,有谁把生命的秘密向他耳边低诉呢,如果我关起门户,企图摆脱世俗的牵缠?
  "It is a trifle that my hair is turning grey.
  "我的头发变白是一件小事。
  "I am ever as young or as old as the youngest and the oldest of this village.
  "我是永远和这村里最年轻的人一样年轻,最年老的人一样年老。
  "Some have tears that well up in the daylight, and others tears that are hidden in the gloom.
  "有的人发出甜柔单纯的微笑,有的人眼里含着狡狯的闪光。
  "They all have need for me, and I have no time to brood over the
  afterlife.
  "他们都需要我,我没有时间去冥想来生。
  "I am of an age with each, what matter if my hair turns grey?"
  "我和每一个人都是同年的,我的头发变白了又该怎样呢?"

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 地板   发表于: 2014-01-08 0
              

  3

  In the morning I cast my net into the sea.
  早晨我把网撒在海里。
  I dragged up from the dark abyss things of strange aspect and strange beauty——some shone like a smile, some glistened like tears, and some were flushed like the cheeks of a bride.
  我从沉黑的深渊拉出奇形奇美的东西——有些微笑般地发亮,有些眼泪般地闪光,有的晕红得像新娘的双颊。
  When with the day's burden I went home, my love was sitting in the garden idly tearing the leaves of a flower.
  当我携带着这一天的担负回到家里的时候,我爱正坐在园里悠闲地扯着花叶。
  I hesitated for a moment, and then placed at her feet all that I had dragged up, and stood silent.
  我沉吟了一会,就把我捞得的一切放在她的脚前,沉默地站着。
  She glanced at them and said, "What strange things are these? I know not of what use they are!"
  她瞥了一眼说:"这是些什么怪东西?我不知道这些东西有什么用处!"
  I bowed my head in shame and thought, "I have not fought for these, I did not buy them in the market; they are not fit gifts for her."
  我羞愧得低了头,心想:"我并没有为这些东西去奋斗,也不是从市场里买来的;
  这不是一些配送给她的礼物。"
  Then the whole night through I flung them one by one into the street.
  整夜的工夫我把这些东西一件一件地丢到街上。
  In the morning travellers came; they picked them up and carried them into far countries.
  早晨行路的人来了;他们把这些拾起带到远方去了。

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 4楼  发表于: 2014-01-08 0
              
  4

  Ah me, why did they build my house by the road to the market town?
  我真烦,为什么他们把我的房子盖在通向市镇的路边呢?
  They moor their laden boats near my trees.
  他们把满载的船只拴在我的树上。
  They come and go and wander at their will.
  他们任意地来去游逛。
  I sit and watch them; my time wears on.
  我坐着看着他们,光阴都消磨了。
  Turn them away I cannot. And thus my days pass by.
  我不能回绝他们。这样我的日子便过去了。
  Night and day their steps sound by my door.
  日日夜夜他们的足音在我门前震荡。
  Vainly I cry, "I do not know you."
  我徒然地叫道:"我不认识你们。"
  Some of them are known to my fingers, some to my nostrils, the blood in my veins seems to know them, and some are known to my dreams.
  有些人是我的手指所认识的,有些人是我的鼻官所认识的,我脉管中的血液似乎认得他们,有些人是我的魂梦所认识的。
  Turn them away I cannot. I call them and say, "Come to my house whoever chooses. Yes, come."
  我不能回绝他们。我呼唤他们说:"谁愿意到我房子里来就请来吧。对了,来吧。"
  In the morning the bell rings in the temple.
  清晨,庙里的钟声敲起。
  They came with baskets in their hands.
  他们提着筐子来了。
  Their feet are rosy-red. The early light of dawn is on their faces.
  他们的脚像玫瑰般红。熹微的晨光照在他们脸上。
  Turn them away I cannot. I call them and I say, "Come to my garden to gather flowers. Come hither."
  我不能回绝他们。我呼唤他们说:"到我园里来采花吧。到这里来吧。"
  In the mid-day the gong sounds at the palace gate.
  中午,锣声在庙殿门前敲起。
  I know not why they leave their work and linger near my hedge.
  我不知道他们为什么放下工作在我篱畔流连。
  The flowers in their hair are pale and faded; the notes are languid in their flutes.
  他们发上的花朵已经褪色枯萎了,他们横笛里的音调也显得乏倦。
  Turn them away I cannot. I call them and say, "The shade is cool under my trees. Come, friends."
  我不能回绝他们。我呼唤他们说:"我的树荫下是凉爽的。来吧,朋友们。"
  At night the crickets chirp in the woods.
  夜里蟋蟀在林中唧唧地叫。
  Who is it that comes slowly to my door and gently knocks?
  是谁慢慢地来到我的门前轻轻地敲叩?
  I vaguely see the face, not a word is spoken, the stillness of the sky is all around.
  我模糊地看到他的脸,他一句话也没说,四围是天空的静默。
  Turn away my silent guest I cannot. I look at the face through the dark, and hours of dreams pass by.
  我不能回绝我的沉默的客人。我从黑暗中望着他的险,梦幻的时间过去了。
77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 5楼  发表于: 2014-01-08 0
              
  5

  I am restless. I am athirst for faraway things.
  我心绪不宁。我渴望着遥远的事物。
  My soul goes out in a longing to touch the skirt of the dim distance.
  我的灵魂在极想中走出,要去摸触幽暗的远处的边缘。
  O Great Beyond, O the keen call of thy flute!
  呵,"伟大的来生",呵,你笛声的高亢的呼唤!
  I forget, I ever forget, that I have no wings to fly, that I am bound in this spot evermore.
  我忘却了,我总是忘却了,我没有奋飞的翅翼,我永远在这地点系住。我切望而又清醒,我是一个异乡的异客。
  I am eager and wakeful, I am a stranger in a strange land.
  我切望而又清醒,我是一个异乡的异客。
  Thy breath comes to me whispering an impossible hope.
  你的气息向我低语出一个不可能的希望。
  Thy tongue is known to my heart as its very own.
  我的心懂得你的语言,就像它懂得自己的语言一样。
  O Far-to-seek, O the keen call of thy flute!
  呵,"遥远的寻求",呵,你笛声的高亢的呼唤!
  I forget, I ever forget, that I know not the way, that I have not the winged horse.
  我忘却了,我总是忘却了,我不认得路,我也没有生翼的马。
  I am listless, I am a wanderer in my heart.
  我心绪不宁,我是自己心中的流浪者。
  In the sunny haze of the languid hours, what vast vision of thine takes shape in the blue of the sky!
  在疲倦时光的日霭中,你广大的幻象在天空的蔚蓝中显现!
  O Farthest end, O the keen call of thy flute!
  呵,"最远的尽头",呵,你笛声的高亢的呼唤!
  I forget, I ever forget, that the gates are shut everywhere in the house where I dwell alone!
  我忘却了,我总是忘却了,在我独居的房子里,所有的门户都是紧闭的!

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 6楼  发表于: 2014-01-08 0

6

  The tame bird was in a cage, the free bird was in the forest.
  驯养的鸟在笼里,自由的鸟在林中。
  They met when the time came, it was a decree of fate.
  时间到了,他们相会,这是命中注定的。
  The free bird cries, "O my love, let us fly to wood."
  自由的鸟说:"呵,我爱,让我们飞到林中去吧。"
  The cage bird whisper, "Come hither, let us both live in the cage."
  笼中的鸟低声说:"到这里来吧,让我俩都住在笼里。"
  Says the free bird, "Among bars, where is there room to spread one's wings?"
  自由的鸟说:"在栅栏中间,哪有展翅的余地呢?"
  "Alas," cries the cage bird, "I should not know where to sit perched in the sky."
  "可怜呵,"笼中的鸟说,"在天空中我不晓得到哪里去牺息。"
  The free bird cries, "My darling, sing the songs of the woodlands."
  自由的鸟叫唤说:"我的宝贝,唱起林野之歌吧。"
  The cage bird says, "Sit by my side, I'll teach you the speech of the learned."
  笼中的鸟说:"坐在我旁边吧,我要教你说学者的语言。"
  The forest bird cries, "No, ah no! songs can never be taught."
  自由的鸟叫唤说:"不,不!歌曲是不能传授的。"
  The cage bird says, "Alas for me, I know not the songs of the woodlands."
  笼中的鸟说:"可怜的我呵,我不会唱林野之歌。"
  Their love is intense with longing, but they never can fly wing to wing.
  他们的爱情因渴望而更加热烈,但是他们永不能比翼双飞。
  Through the bars of the cage they look, and vain is their wish to know each other.
  他们隔栏相望,而他们相知的愿望是虚空的。
  They flutter their wings in yearning, and sing, "Come closer, my love!"
  他们在依恋中振翼,唱说:"靠近些吧,我爱!"
  The free bird cries, "It cannot be, I fear the closed doors of the cage,"
  自由的鸟叫唤说:"这是做不到的,我怕这笼子的紧闭的门。"
  The cage bird whispers, "Alas, my wings are powerless and dead."
  笼里的鸟低声说:"我的翅翼是无力的,而且已经死去了。"

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 7楼  发表于: 2014-01-08 0

  7

  O mother, the young Prince is to pass by our door, ——how can I attend to my work this morning?
  呵,母亲,年轻的王子要从我们门前走过,——今天早晨我哪有心思干活呢?
  Show me how to braid up my hair; tell me what garment to put on.
  教给我怎样挽发;告诉我应该穿哪件衣裳。
  Why do you look at me amazed, mother?
  你为什么惊讶地望着我呢,母亲?
  I know well he will not glance up once at my window; I know he will pass out of my sight in the twinkling of an eye; only the vanishing strain of the flute will come sobbing to me from afar.
  我深知他不会仰视我的窗户;我知道一刹那间他就要走出我的视线以外;只有那残电的笛声将从远处向我呜咽。
  But the young Prince will pass by our door, and I will put on my best for the moment.
  但是那年轻的王子将从我们门前走过,这时节我要穿上我最好的衣裳。
  O mother, the young Prince did pass by our door, and the morning sun flashed from his chariot.
  呵,母亲,年轻的王子已经从我们门前走过了,从他的车辇里射出朝日的金光。
  I swept aside the veil from my face, I tore the ruby chain from my neck and flung it in his path.
  我从脸上掠开面纱,我从颈上扯下红玉的颈环,扔在他走来的路上。
  Why do you look at me amazed, mother?
  你为什么惊讶地望着我呢,母亲?
  I know well he did not pick up my chain; I know it was crushed under his wheels leaving a red stain upon the dust, and no one knows what my gift was nor to whom.
  我深知他没有拾起我的颈环;我知道它在他的轮下碾碎了,在尘土上留下了红斑,
  But the young Prince did pass by our door, and I flung the jewel from my breast before his path.
  但是那年轻的王子曾经从我们门前走过,我也曾经把我胸前的珍宝丢在他走来的路上了。

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 8楼  发表于: 2014-01-08 0

  8

  When the lamp went out by my bed I woke up with the early birds.
  当我床前的灯熄灭了,我和晨鸟一同醒起。
  I sat at my open window with a fresh wreath on my loose hair.
  我在散发上戴上新鲜的花串,坐在洞开的窗前。
  The young traveller came along the road in the rosy mist of the morning.
  那年轻的行人在玫瑰色的朝霭中从大路上来了。
  A pearl chain was on his neck, and the sun's ray fell on his crown. He stopped before my door and asked me with an eager cry, "Where is she?"
  珠链在他的颈上,阳光在他的冠上。他停在我的门前,用切望的呼声问我:"她在哪里呢?"
  For very shame I could not say, "She is I, young traveller, she is I."
  因为深深害羞,我不好意思说出:"她就是我,年轻的行人,她就是我。"
  It was dusk and the lamp was not lit.
  黄昏来到,还未上灯。
  I was listlessly braiding my hair.
  我心绪不宁地编着头发。
  The young traveller came on his chariot in the glow of the setting sun.
  在落日的光辉中年轻的行人驾着车辇来了。
  His horses were foaming at the mouth, and there was dust on his gament.
  他的驾车的马,嘴里喷着白沫,他的衣袍上蒙着尘土。
  He alighted at my door and asked in a tired voice, "Where is she?"
  他在我的门前下车,用疲乏的声音问:"她在哪里呢?"
  For very shame I could not say, "She is I, weary traveller, she is I."
  因为深深害羞,我不好意思说出:"她就是我,愁倦的行人,她就是我。"
  It is an April night. The lamp is burning in my room.
  一个四月的夜晚。我的屋里点着灯。
  The breeze of the south comes gently. The noisy parrot sleeps in its cage.
  南风温柔地吹来。多言的鹦鹉在笼里睡着了。
  My bodice is the colour of the peacock's throat, and my mantle is green as young grass.
  我的衷衣和孔雀颈毛一样地华彩,我的披纱和嫩草一样地碧青。
  I sit upon the floor at the window watching the deserted street.
  我坐在窗前地上看望着冷落的街道。
  Through the dark night I keep humming, "She is I, despairing traveller, she is I."
  在沉黑的夜中我不住地低吟着,"她就是我,失望的行人,她就是我。"

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 9楼  发表于: 2014-01-08 0

  9

  When I go alone at night to my love-tryst, birds do not sing, the wind does not stir, the houses on both sides of the street stand silent.
  当我在夜里独赴幽会的时候,鸟儿不叫,风儿不吹,街道两旁的房屋沉默地站立着。
  It is my own anklets that grow loud at every step and I am ashamed.
  是我自己的脚镯越走越响使我羞怯。
  When I sit on my balcony and listen for his footsteps, leaves do not rustle on the trees, and the water is still in the river like the sword on the knees of a sentry fallen asleep.
  当我站在凉台上倾听他的足音,树叶不摇,河水静止像熟睡的哨兵膝上的刀剑。
  It is my own heart that beats wildly——I do not know how to quiet it.
  是我自己的心在狂跳——我不知道怎样使它宁静。
  When my love comes and sits by my side, when my body trembles and my eyelids droop, the night darkens, the wind blows out the lamp, and the clouds draw veils over the stars.
  当我爱来了,坐在我身旁,当我的身躯震颤,我的眼睫下垂,夜更深了,风吹灯灭,云片在繁星上曳过轻纱。
  It is the jewel at my own breast that shines and gives light. I do not know how to hide it.
  是我自己胸前的珍宝放出光明。我不知道怎样把它遮起。

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 10楼  发表于: 2014-01-08 0

  10

  Let your work be, bride. Listen, the guest has come.
  放下你的工作吧,我的新娘。听,客人来了。
  Do you hear, he is gently shaking the chain which fastens the door?
  你听见没有,他在轻轻地摇动那拴门的链子?
  See that your anklets make no loud noise, and that your step is not overhurried at meeting him.
  小心不要让你的脚镯响出声音,在迎接他的时候你的脚步不要太急。
  Let your work be, bride, the guest has come in the evening.
  放下你的工作吧,新娘,客人在晚上来了。
  No, it is not the ghostly wind, bride, do not be frightened.
  不,这不是一阵阴风,新娘,不要惊惶。
  It is the full moon on a night of April; shadows are pale in the courtyard; the sky overhead is bright.
  这是四月夜中的满月,院里的影子是暗淡的,头上的天空是明亮的。
  Draw your veil over your face if you must, carry the lamp to the door if you fear.
  把轻纱遮上脸,若是你觉得需要;提着灯到门前去,若是你害怕。
  No, it is not the ghostly wind, bride, do not be frightened.
  不,这不是一阵阴风,新娘,不要惊惶。
  Have no word with him if you are shy; stand aside by the door when you meet him.
  若是你害羞就不必和他说话,你迎接他的时候只须站在门边。
  If he asks you questions, and if you wish to, you can lower your eyes in silence.
  他若问你话,若是你愿意这样做,你就沉默地低眸。
  Do not let your bracelets jingle when, lamp in hand, you lead him in.
  不要让你的手镯作响,当你提着灯,带他进来的时候。
  Have no word with him if you are shy.
  不必同他说话,如果你害羞。
  Have you not finished your work yet, bride? Listen, the guest has come.
  你的工作还没有做完么,新娘?听,客人来了。
  Have you not lit the lamp in the cowshed?
  你还没有把牛栅里的灯点起来么?
  Have you not got ready the offering basket for the evening service?
  你还没有把晚祷的供筐准备好么?
  Have you not put the red lucky mark at the parting of your hair, and done your toilet for the night?
  你还没有在发缝中涂上鲜红的吉祥点,你还没有理过晚妆么?
  O bride, do you hear, the guest has come?
  呵,新娘,你没有听见,客人来了么?
  Let your work be!
  放下你的工作吧!

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 11楼  发表于: 2014-01-09 0

      11

  Come as you are; do not loiter over your toilet.
  你就这样地来吧;不要在梳妆上挨延了。
  If your braided hair has loosened, if the parting of your hair be not straight, if the ribbons of your bodice be not fastened, do not mind.
  即使你的辫发松散,即使你的发缝没有分直,即使你衷衣的丝带没有系好,都不要管它。
  Come as you are; do not loiter over your toilet.
  你就这样地来吧;不要在梳妆上挨延了。
  Come, with quick steps over the grass.
  来吧,用快步踏过草坪。
  If the raddle come from your feet because of the dew, if the rings of bells upon your feet slacken, if pearls drop out of your chain, do not mind.
  即使露水沾掉了你脚上的红粉,即使你踝上的铃串褪松,即使你链上的珠儿脱落,都不要管它。
  Come with quick steps over the grass.
  来吧,用快步踏过草坪。
  Do you see the clouds wrapping the sky?
  你没看见云雾遮住天空么?
  Flocks of cranes fly up from the further river-bank and fitful guests of wind rush over the heath.
  鹤群从远远的河岸飞起,狂风吹过常青的灌木。
  The anxious cattle run to their stalls in the village.
  惊牛奔向村里的栅棚。
  Do you see the clouds wrapping the sky?
  你没看见云雾遮住天空么?
  In vain you light your toilet lamp——it flickers and goes out in the wind.
  你徒然点上晚妆的灯火——它颤摇着在风中熄灭了。
  Who can know that your eyelids have not been touched with lampblack? For your eyes are darker than rain-clouds.
  谁能看出你眼睫上没有涂上乌烟?因为你的眼睛比雨云还黑。
  In vain you light your toilet lamp——it goes out.
  你徒然点上晚妆的灯火——它熄灭了。
  Come as you are; do not loiter over your toilet.
  你就这样地来吧,不要在梳妆上挨延了。
  If the wreath is not woven, who cares; if the wrist-chain has not been linked, let it be.
  即使花环没有穿好,谁管它呢;即使手镯没有扣上,让它去吧。
  The sky is overcast with clouds——it is late.
  天空被阴云塞满了——时间已晚。
  Come as you are; do not loiter over your toilet.
  你就这样地来吧;不要在梳妆上挨延了。

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 12楼  发表于: 2014-01-09 0

  12
  If you would be busy and fill your pitcher, come, O come to my lake.
  若是你要忙着把水瓶灌满,来吧,到我的湖上来吧。
  The water will cling round your feet and babble its secret.
  湖水将回绕在你的脚边,潺潺地说出它的秘密。
  The shadow of the coming rain is on the sands, and the clouds hang low upon the blue lines of the trees like the heavy hair above your eyebrows.
  沙滩上有了欲来的雨云的阴影,云雾低垂在丛树的绿线上,像你眉上的浓发。
  I know well the rhythm of your steps, they are beating in my heart.
  我深深地熟悉你脚步的韵律,它在我心中敲击。
  Come, O come to my lake, if you must fill your pitcher.
  来吧,到我的湖上来吧,如果你必须把水瓶灌满。
  If you would be idle and sit listless and let your pitcher float on the water, come, O come to my lake.
  如果你想懒散闲坐,让你的水瓶飘浮在水面,来吧,到我的湖上来吧。
  The grassy slope is green, and the wild flowers beyond number.
  草坡碧绿,野花多得数不清。
  Your thoughts will stray out of your dark eyes like birds from their nests.
  你的思想将从你乌黑的眼眸中飞出,像鸟儿飞出窝巢。
  Your veil will drop to your feet.
  你的披纱将褪落到脚上。
  Come, O come to my lake if you must sit idle.
  来吧,如果你要闲坐,到我的湖上来吧。
  If you would leave off your play and dive in the water, come, O come to my lake.
  如果你想撇下嬉游跳进水里,来吧,到我的湖上来吧。
  Let your blue mantle lie on the shore; the blue water will cover you and hide you.
  把你的蔚蓝的丝布留在岸上;蔚蓝的水将没过你,盖住你。
  The waves will stand a-tiptoe to kiss your neck and whisper in your ears.
  水波将蹑足来吻你的颈项,在你耳边低语。
  Come, O come to my lake, if you would dive in the water.
  来吧,如果你想跳进水里,到我的湖上来吧。
  If you must be mad and leap to your death, come, O come to my lake.
  如果你想发狂而投入死亡,来吧,到我的湖上来吧。
  It is cool and fathomlessly deep.
  它是清凉的,深到无底。
  It is dark like a sleep that is dreamless.
  它沉黑得像无梦的睡眠。
  There in its depths nights and days are one, and songs are silence.
  在它的深处黑夜就是白天,歌曲就是静默。
  Come, O come to my lake, if you would plunge to your death.
  来吧,如果你想投入死亡,到我的湖上来吧。

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 13楼  发表于: 2014-01-09 0

  13

  I asked nothing, only stood at the edge of the wood behind the tree.
  我一无所求,只站在林边树后。
  Languor was still upon the eyes of the dawn, and the dew in the air.
  倦意还逗留在黎明的眼上,露润在空气里。
  The lazy smell of the damp grass hung in the thin mist above the earth.
  湿草的懒味悬垂在地面的薄雾中。
  Under the banyan tree you were milking the cow with your hands, tender and fresh as butter.
  在榕树下你用乳油般柔嫩的手挤着牛奶。
  And I was standing still.
  我沉静地站立着。
  I did not say a word. It was the bird that sang unseen from the thicket.
  我没有说出一个字。那是藏起的鸟儿在密叶中歌唱。
  The mango tree was shedding its flowers upon the village road, and the bees came humming one by one.
  芒果树在树径上撒着繁花,蜜蜂一只一只地嗡嗡飞来。
  On the side of the pond the gate of Shiva's temple was open and the worshipper had begun his chants.
  池塘边湿婆天的庙门开了,朝拜者开始诵经。
  With the vessel on your lap you were milking the cow.
  你把罐儿放在膝上挤着牛奶。
  I stood with my empty can.
  我提着空桶站立着。
  I did not come near you.
  我没有走近你。
  The sky woke with the sound of the gong at the temple.
  天空和庙里的锣声一同醒起。
  The dust was raised in the road from the hoofs of the driven cattle.
  街尘在驱走的牛蹄下飞扬。
  With the gurgling pitchers at their hips, women came from the river.
  把汩汩发响的水瓶搂在腰上,女人们从河边走来。
  Your bracelets were jingling, and foam brimming over the jar.
  你的钏镯丁当,乳沫溢出罐沿。
  The morning wore on and I did not come near you.
  晨光渐逝而我没有步近你。

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 14楼  发表于: 2014-01-09 0

  14

  I was walking by the road, I do not know why, when the noonday was past and bamboo branches rustled in the wind.
  我在路边行走,也不知道为什么,时已过午,竹枝在风中簌簌作响。
  The prone shadows with their outstretched arms clung to the feet of the hurrying light.
  横斜的影子伸臂拖住流光的双足。
  The koels were weary of their songs.
  布谷鸟都唱倦了。
  I was walking by the road, I do not know why.
  我在路边行走,也不知道为什么。
  The hut by the side of the water is shaded by an overhanging tree.
  低垂的树荫盖住水边的茅屋。
  Some one was busy with her work, and her bangles made music in the corner.
  有人正忙着工作,她的钏镯在一角放出音乐。
  I stood before this hut, I know not why.
  我在茅屋前面站着,我不知道为什么。
  The narrow winding road crosses many a mustard field, and many a mango forest.
  曲径穿过一片芥菜田地和几层芒果树林。
  It passes by the temple of the village and the market at the river landing place.
  它经过村庙和渡头的市集。
  I stopped by this but, I do not know why.
  我在这茅屋面前停住了,我不知道为什么。
  Years age it was a day of breezy March when the murmur if the spring was languorous, and mango blossoms were dropping on the dust.
  好几年前,三月风吹的一天,春天倦慵地低语,芒果花落在地上。
  The rippling water leapt and licked the brass vessel that stood on the landing step.
  浪花跳起掠过立在渡头阶沿上的铜瓶。
  I think of that day of breezy March, I do not know why.
  我想着三月风吹的这一天,我不知道为什么。
  Shadows are deepening and cattle returning to their folds.
  阴影更深,牛群归栏。
  The light is grey upon the lonely meadows, and the village are waiting for the ferry at the bank.
  冷落的牧场上日色苍白,村人在河边待渡。
  I slowly  return upon my steps, I do not know why.
  我缓步回去,我不知道为什么。

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 15楼  发表于: 2014-01-09 0

  15

  I run as a musk-deer runs in the shadow of the forest mad with his own perfume.
  我像麝鹿一样在林荫中奔走,为着自己的香气而发狂。
  The night is the night of mid-May, the breeze is the breeze of the south.
  夜晚是五月正中的夜晚,清风是南国的清风。
  I lose my way and I wander, I seek what I cannot get, I get what I do not seek.
  我迷了路,我游荡着,我寻求那得不到的东西,我得到我所没有寻求的东西。
  From my heart comes out and dances the image of my own desire.
  我自己的愿望的形象从我心中走出,跳起舞来。
  The gleaming vision flits on.
  这闪光的形象飞掠过去。
  I try to clasp it firmly, it eludes me and leads me astray.
  我想把它紧紧捉住,它躲开了又引着我飞走下去。
  I seek what I cannot get, I get what I do not seek.
  我寻求那得不到的东西,我得到我所没有寻求的东西。

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 16楼  发表于: 2014-01-09 0

       16

  Hands cling to hands and eyes linger on eyes; thus begins the record of our hearts.
  手握着手,眼恋着眼;这样开始了我们的心的纪录。
  It is the moonlit night of March; the sweet smell of henna is in the air; my flute lies on the earth neglected and your garland of flowers is unfinished.
  这是三月的月明之夜;空气里有凤仙花的芬芳;我的横笛抛在地上,你的花串也没有编成。
  This love between you and me is simple as a song.
  你我之间的爱像歌曲一样地单纯。
  Your veil of the saffron colour makes my eyes drunk.
  你橙黄色的面纱使我眼睛陶醉。
  The jasmine wreath that you wove me thrills to my heart like praise.
  你给我编的茉莉花环使我心震颤,像是受了赞扬。
  It is a game of giving and withholding, revealing and screening again; some smiles and some little shyness, and some sweet useless struggles.
  这是一个又予又留、又隐又现的游戏;有些微笑,有些娇羞,也有些甜柔的无用的抵拦。
  This love between you and me is simple as a song.
  你我之间的爱像歌曲一样的单纯。
  No mystery beyond the present; no striving for the impossible; no shadow behind the charm; no groping in the depth of the dark.
  没有现在以外的神秘;不强求那做不到的事情;没有魅惑后面的阴影;没有黑暗深处的探索。
  This love between you and me is simple as a song.
  你我之间的爱像歌曲一样的单纯:
  We do not stray out of all words into the ever silent; we do not raise our hands to the void for things beyond hope.
  我们没有走出一切语言之外进入永远的沉默;我们没有向空举手寻求希望以外的东西。
  It is enough what we give and we get.
  我们付与,我们取得,这就够了。
  We have not crushed the joy to the utmost to wring from it the wine of pain.
  我们没有把喜乐压成微尘来榨取痛苦之酒。
  This love between you and me is simple as a song.
  你我之间的爱像歌曲一样的单纯。

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 17楼  发表于: 2014-01-09 0

  17

  The yellow birds sings in their tree and makes my heart dance with gladness.
  黄鸟在自己的树上歌唱,使我的心喜舞。
  We both live in the same village, and that is our one piece of joy.
  我们两人住在一个村子里,这是我们的一份快乐。
  Her pair of pet lambs come to graze in the shade of our garden trees.
  她心爱的一对小羊,到我园树的荫下吃草。
  If they stray into my barley field, I take them up in my arms.
  它们若走进我的麦地,我就把它们抱在臂里。
  The name of our village is Khanjana, and Anjana they call our river.
  我们的村子名叫康遮那,人们管我们的小河叫安遮那。
  My name is known to all the village, and her name is Ranjana.
  我的名字村人都知道,她的名字是软遮那。
  Only one field lies between us.
  我们中间只隔着一块田地。
  Bees that have hived in our grove go to seek honey in theirs.
  在我们树里做窝的蜜蜂,飞到他们林中去采蜜。
  Flowers launched from their landing-stairs come floating by the stream where we bathe.
  从他们渡头街上流来的落花,飘到我们洗澡的池塘里。
  Baskets of dried kusm flowers come from their fields to our market.
  一筐一筐的红花干从他们地里送到我们的市集上。
  The name of our village is Khanjana, and Anjana they call our river.
  我们村子名叫康遮那,人们管我们的小河叫安遮那。
  My name is known to all the village, and her name is Ranjana.
  我的名字村人都知道,她的名字是软遮那。
  The lane that winds to their house is fragrant in the spring with mango flowers.
  到她家去的那条曲巷,春天充满了芒果的花香。
  When their linseed is ripe for harvest the hemp is in bloom in our field.
  他们亚麻子收成的时候,我们地里的苎麻正在开放。
  The stars that smile on their cottage send us the same twinkling look.
  在他们房上微笑的星辰,送给我们以同样的闪亮。
  The rain that floods their tank makes glad our kadam forest.
  在他们水槽里满溢的雨水,也使我们的迦昙树林喜乐。
  The name of our village is Khanjana, and Anjana they call our river.
  我们村子名叫康遮那,人们管我们的小河叫安遮那。
  My name is known to all the village, and her name is Ranjana.
  我的名字村人都知道,她的名字是软遮那。

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 18楼  发表于: 2014-01-09 0

  18

  When the two sisters go to fetch water, they come to this spot and they smile.
  当这两个姊妹出去打水的时候,她们来到这地点,她们微笑了。
  They must be aware of somebody who stands behind the trees whenever they go to fetch water.
  她们一定觉察到,每次她们出来打水的时候,那个站在树后的人儿。
  The sisters whisper to each other when they pass this spot.
  姊妹俩相互耳语,当她们走过这地点的时候。
  They must have guessed the secret of that somebody who stands behind the trees whenever they go to fetch water.
  她们一定猜到了,每逢她们出来打水的时候,那个人站在树后的秘密。
  Their pitchers lurch suddenly, and water spills when they reach this spot.
  她们的水瓶忽然倾倒,水倒出来了,当她们走到这地点的时候。
  They must have found that somebody's heart is beating who stands behind the trees whenever they  go to fetch water.
  她们一定发觉,每逢她们出来打水的时候,那个站在树后的人的心正在跳着。
  The two sisters glance at each other when they come to this spot, and they smile.
  姊妹俩相互瞥了一眼又微笑了,当她们来到这地点的时候。
  There is a laughter in their swiftstepping feet, which make confusion in somebody's mind who stands behind the trees whenever they go to fetch water.
  她们飞快的脚步里带着笑声,使这个每逢她们出来打水的时候站在树后的人儿心魂撩乱了。

77恋兰

ZxID:11247485


等级: 内阁元老
配偶: 浮生缘
http://www.paipai.fm/r5969083/
举报 只看该作者 19楼  发表于: 2014-01-09 0

  19

  You walked by the riverside path with the full pitcher upon your hip.
  你腰间搂着灌满的水瓶,在河边路上行走。
  Why did you swiftly turn your face and peep at me through your fluttering veil?
  你为什么急遽地回头,从飘扬的面纱里偷偷地看我?
  That gleaming look from the dark came upon me like a breeze that sends a shiver through the sipping water and sweeps away to the shadowy shore.
  这个从黑暗中向我送来的闪视,像凉风在粼粼的微波上掠过,一阵震颤直到阴荫的岸边。
  It came to me like a bird of the evening that hurriedly flies across the lampless room from the one open window to the other, and disappears in the night.
  它向我飞来,像夜中的小鸟急遽地穿过无灯的屋子的两边洞开的窗户,又在黑夜中消失了。
  You are hidden like a star behind the hills, and I am a passer-by upon the road.
  你像一颗隐在山后的星星,我是路上的行人。
  But why did you stop for a moment and glance at my face through your veil while you walked by the riverside path with the full pitcher upon your hip?
  但是你为什么站了一会,从面纱中瞥视我的脸,当你腰间搂着灌满的水瓶在河边路上行走的时候?

发帖 回复